.

Monday, February 25, 2019

Misuse knowledge Essay

One of the notable carrys I have read is casts Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut. It is a memorable and meaningful book that has a great impact on my personality. I was able to severalize many things not only about life, society and history save also about mankind itself. One of the c formerlypts satirized in the book is scientists and the scientific approach as a whole. The book shows apprehension as a cold and inconsiderate entity, one that comes from mans obsession for what Vonnegut argues is unreal knowledge, as man will only misuse knowledge.It depicts many things and I was able to realize that the book is of great help in reading about science and its relation to people on earth. Aside from the occurrence that I read the book out of requirement of my English socio-economic class Twelve class, I became personally touched by the story because it highlights how science can be misused against man and cause undesirable consequences. I became more aware of my actions and promised myse lf to put more importance to science once I become a professional.The book discusses pessimisms in an increase in mans moral figure but still I view it very differently. For me, it is a precaution of sorts for men and women of science to not seek science for the sake of science itself, but rather for the forward motion of man and society as a whole, and how engineers in particular moldiness be responsible with their creations lest it be used against their common man.

No comments:

Post a Comment